Carlton CEO Brian Cook has dismissed any notion of ‘panic’ within the club’s environment, despite the team’s bleak winless start to the season.
Historically, the Blues have not hesitated to part ways with senior coaches, having moved on from David Teague, Brendon Bolton, Mick Malthouse, and Brett Ratten since 2012.
In a radio interview prior to Thursday night’s defeat against Collingwood, Cook emphasised that any ongoing difficulties would be approached with a composed mindset, committed to maintaining stability.
“Overall, it’s essential to stick to the plan,” Cook told 3AW. “You should adjust the plan as needed. If that means maintaining stability, then that’s a positive.
“Being winless isn’t an ideal situation, and we recognise that; however, we possess a capable squad; we just need to find consistency.”

Michael Voss is contracted with Carlton through to the conclusion of the 2026 season AFL Photos via Getty Images
“I’m not coaching, but there are many reasons behind our current situation. I genuinely believe we’ll turn it around. We’ve led at half-time in every match and could have won them all, yet we’ve come away empty-handed.”
“I’m not attempting to make excuses; I’m genuinely disappointed, but it’s only the fourth week.”
“We will keep training diligently, and hopefully, we can snag a win or two. But if victories elude us, we’ll likely continue our current methods and remain composed.”
Cook had previously stated that the club aimed to finish in the top four, insisting that this ambition remains unchanged.
“That’s our goal,” affirmed the seasoned CEO. “If we fall short, naturally there will be questions, and we will need to find some logical and sensible responses.”
Ruckman Tom De Koning’s future is a significant concern in the broader context. He is set to become a free agent at season’s end and is reportedly considering a lucrative $1.7 million per year offer from St Kilda.
Cook indicated that the 25-year-old is keen to remain at Princes Park.
“At this stage, we feel quite at ease. He wants to stay, and we will do our utmost to keep him,” he said. “This is a difficult decision for him, and regardless of our offer, we may not be able to match the top bid.”
Cook is set to hand over leadership to veteran administrator Graham Wright at the season’s conclusion. Wright has previously overseen premiership successes at both Hawthorn and Collingwood in the 21st century.
Compiled by SportArena.com.au.
Fanpage: SportArena.com.au.
LiveScore – Live Sports Results & Odds.